- 1 Most Profitable Fish Farming Business For Beginner
- 2 Economic Benefits Of Fish Farming Business
- 3 How To Start Fish Farming?
- 4 What Are The Different Types Of Fish Farming?
- 5 How much does it cost to set up a fish farm?
Most Profitable Fish Farming Business For Beginner
Fish farming business is very profitable and successful Commercial business in India. If you are planning for fish farming then you must have a special knowledge of fish farming techniques, skills and carefully day-to-day monitoring of fish farming ponds.
Fish has low cholesterol and calories so, it is very healthful and protein-rich tasty food. Fish food includes in 60% of Indian food menu. Day by day the commercial values of fish or fish products are increasing speedily. In India the population growth is increasing so, gradually fish price and demand also increase so you can get the good profit from a fish farming business.
Economic Benefits Of Fish Farming Business
- Throughout the world, the market value of fish and fish products are always high and its value and demands are increasing day by day.
- In fish farming, you can get the profits in short time because fish are fastest growing foods in the world.
- Fish farming business plays the main role in economic because it provides the thousand of jobs to labor.
- There are different types of fish species are available in the market which grows fast then you can get quick returns on your investment.
- Subsidy and Loans services are available for this fish farming techniques.
- There are no any degree or education qualifications are required for a commercial fish farming business plan.
- India weather conditions are very appropriate for fish farming business plan and fish manufacture.
- You can also start other business with the fish farming business like animals, birds, crops, and vegetables.
- You can also get the more profit from this integrated fish farming business because it is the risk less business.
How To Start Fish Farming?
For profitable fish farming business, you can go through the step by step action like first selecting the adequate land or farm then after constructing the fish farming pond or tank. After that, you can select the fish species and care them. You can also manage the fish food after some days these fish are ready for selling in the market.
Below I describe this all points step by step for getting more profit in short period of time following the below steps very carefully.
Select Appropriate Land Or Farm For Fish Farming
In fish farming business selecting a suitable land or farm is very important. Generally, fish farming methods are suitable near the lake, rivers or stream where the natural water resources are easily available. These areas are appropriate for establishing the Succesful fish farming business plan.
- You must Select the relatively straight level land and do not select the slope lands.
- Also, select the large land of the farm that you will also use for other integrated fish farming business.
- Don’t select the contaminate and flooding areas because this type of land should impairment your fish farming business.
- Also, avoid the land near crop fields because generally, farmer applies the different pesticides and fertilizers on the field for getting the high yield of a crop. So, when you create the fish pond on this land various chemicals are mix with the water and this type of contaminate water are not suitable for fish farming.
- If you are selecting the land and it is a slightly lower than the original water resource then you no need to fill water in the created fish pond because it’s will fill automatically.
- Also, confirm any good transportation systems are easily available near in your selected areas because transportation is the main part of the fish farming business.
How To Make Fish Ponds For Fish Farming
After selecting a land or farm for fish farming then constructing the fish pond. Without a fish pond, you may not be starting the fish farming business. You can also prepare the design of fish pond before start its construction. The design of pond is depending on the land, location and fish species. There are types of fish pond seasonal fish pond and permanent pond. In a seasonal fish pond, water can not stay for the whole year.
When you completely create the fish pond then perfectly Clean the fish pond bottom and fertilize the pond for removing some insects. You can check the PH value of fish pond soil and water.
If you have any problem for creating fish pond design for particular fish species then you can also contact with your nearest fisheries institute. You may always try to manage the fish pond environment because in better environment fish grow or live well and you will get the high production of fish and high profits from this fish farming business.
Selection Of Fish Species
Selecting a fish species or breeds for fish farming business is very vital. Selection of the fish species for fish farming is depending on the many factors.
- Market demand or value of fish species.
- Local Facilities
- Availability of resource.
- Effective utilization of resources.
The following are the different name of fish species which are mostly used for the fish farming business in worldwide. All these species are suitable for fish farming and they have many varieties.
- Grass carp
- Common carp
You can purchase this all fish seeds or small baby fishes from the nearest from fisheries department.
Fish Feeding And Management
In commercial fish farming business feeding play the major role. You can always provide the fresh, nutritious and high-quality food to fish which are grown in a fish pond. There are many different ready fish foods are available in the market according to the particular fish species. You can also add some nutrient in complementary fish food like as s vitamins, minerals, and salt etc. High-quality fish food increases the fish production and also make the fish healthy. All the fish species are feed a many time in a day.
- If possible then change the water of fish pond occasionally for fish better growth.
- Regularly check out the PH of water and soil. The PH value of water in between 7 to 8 is good for the best fish growth.
- Also, remove the diseases from the fish pond by applying some salt, potassium permanganate solution, and chemicals etc.
- Avoid some extra virus attacks on the fish ponds and preserve fish pond from the predators like snakes and frogs.
- For getting high fish production must keep the pond environment clean.
How do you harvest fish?
After some days fishes are ready for harvesting from the fish pond. The harvesting of fish farming is depending on the fish species. There are different two type of harvesting methods for fish farming.
- Generally, all farmers are using the net for harvesting fish from the fish pond.
- You can also remove all water from the pond for fish harvest.
Normally, all farmer harvest the fish from the fish pond during the morning or afternoon. After harvesting of the fish from the fish pond if possible transfer this fish in the market.
Fish Marketing Structure
The fish marketing is the simple step for the profitable fish farming business. There are many fish selling markets are available in the world. You can simply sell your fish in the closest fish market after harvesting this fish from the fish pond. There are a big demand and value of all different types of fish species and fish products at the market. In the market, various business companies stay for the transportation which can transfer the fish into other countries. The fish marketing phase is very simple and easy so you don’t need to concern about this step. You can only focus on the other phase of fish farming for getting the high yield and production.
What Are The Different Types Of Fish Farming?
- Fish Hatchery
- Tilapia Fish Farming
- Shrimp Farming
- Crab Farming
- Prawn Farming
- Ornamental Fish Farming
- Cat Fish Farming
- Carp Fish Farming Rahu / Katla
- Salmon Fish Farming
- Indoor Fish Farming
Read some Helpful Articles Also :
- Goat Farming Business Plan ,Profit and Guide
- Aloe Vera Farming Business Plan ,Profit and Guide
- Vermicompost Project, Process and Preparation Guide
- Terrace (Step) farming Inca; Advantages and Disadvantages
- Mushroom Farming Commercial Business, Cultivation ,Procedure
- Sheep Farming Business Plan
- Quail Farming For Egg & Meat Production for Beginners
- Rabbit Farming Guide
- Sunflower Farming
- Profitable Pearl (Moti) Farming Guide
- Honey Bee Farming Business Guide
- Pomegranate Farming Cultivation Information Guide
- Kiwi Fruit Farming Information, Guide
- Sandalwood [Chandan] Tree Cultivation Business Plan
- Dairy Farming Business Plan Guide & Information
How much does it cost to set up a fish farm?
- Pond construction costs: $1500-$2000/surface acre.
- Compare with small pond the large ponds are normally less costly per acre.
- Initial start up costs :$3000/acre of water. The land cost does not include in it.
- Feed Cost: $0.14/lb to $0.18/lb.
- Alos require about 1.5-2.0 lb of feed /lb of fish produced.
In the market, fish or fish products are very demanded. So, you can get the good returns from the Fish Farming Business. This all information that is required for any farmer or investor to grow fish.
I hope I have covered the all informative details for Fish Farming Techniques. If you like this information then please gives your review in the comment box and share this information with you other investor/ farmers friends.