- 1 How can we make agriculture more sustainable?
- 2 What are the best ways to improve the productivity of farmers?
- 3 How can technology be used to improve agriculture?
- 4 How can we encourage farmers to adopt better farm technology?
- 5 What are the ways to improve agriculture?
- 6 How can agriculture development be improved?
- 7 Why do we need to improve our agriculture?
- 8 How can we improve agriculture in developing countries?
- 9 How can we solve agricultural problems?
- 10 How can we improve and promote agriculture in India?
- 11 How does agriculture improve the economy?
- 12 How does agriculture improve the quality of life?
- 13 How agriculture can improve health and nutrition?
- 14 What has government done to improve agriculture?
- 15 How can we improve agriculture in the Philippines?
- 16 What steps should be taken to improve the present state of agriculture in India?
- 17 Why is agriculture important in developing countries?
- 18 What are the problems of agriculture in developing countries?
- 19 How does agriculture help underdeveloped countries?
- 20 How can farmers in Third World countries be more sustainable?
- 21 What are the best methods of improving the production of agricultural products?
- 22 How to improve the productivity of a farm?
- 23 What is interplanting in agriculture?
- 24 Why is productivity important in agriculture?
- 25 Why is nitrogen important for plants?
- 26 What are the benefits of improved seeds?
- 27 What is the need and demand of farmers?
- 28 What should be done in rural areas?
- 29 How to protect farmers from exploitation?
- 30 How should farmers be made familiar with the advantage of chemical fertilizer?
- 31 Why should efforts be made to plug the loopholes in the existing land legislations?
- 32 Why should the marketing infrastructure be widened and strengthened?
- 33 How to save farmers from moneylenders?
- 34 Why does the majority of the population depend on agriculture?
- 35 What is the first thing farmers do to increase agricultural productivity?
- 36 How to improve farm productivity?
- 37 How has Australian agriculture come a long way?
- 38 Why is technology important for livestock?
- 39 How does GPS technology help farmers?
- 40 How can agriculture improve health?
- 41 Why is agriculture important for the poor?
- 42 Why is agricultural intensification important?
- 43 What are the benefits of biofortification?
- 44 Why is improved access to market important for farmers?
- 45 How to reinforce policy advocacy for sustainable agriculture?
- 46 What is sustainable agriculture in Mozambique?
- 47 How does organic farming contribute to food security?
- 48 What are the major drivers of agricultural growth?
- 49 Do farmers know about alternative options?
- 50 How has agriculture responded to human history?
- 51 What will be the main emissions reductions in 2050?
- 52 Is agriculture a part of climate?
How can we improve farming?
- Implementation of land reforms. For improving the production, land reforms are the first and predominant point.
- Plant more densely.
- Plant many crops.
- Raised beds.
- Smart water management.
- Heat Tolerant Varieties.
- Use nitrogen.
- Strategic Irrigation. Plants need water to survive. …
- High Quality Seeds. …
- Better Monitoring Technology. …
- Green Methods of Pest Control. …
- Cover Cropping. …
- Organic Fertilizers. …
- Intercropping / Polyculture.
How can we make agriculture more sustainable?
· Self Help also brings technology, like drip irrigation, to farmers. This allows them to use water more efficiently, grow food during the dry season (when families tend to go hungry), and maximize yields. As yields increase, post-harvest storage becomes critical—no one wants to sell when prices are low.
What are the best ways to improve the productivity of farmers?
· How can we improve farming? Implementation of land reforms. For improving the production, land reforms are the first and predominant point. Interplant. Plant more densely. Plant many crops. Raised beds. Smart water management. Heat Tolerant Varieties. Use nitrogen.
How can technology be used to improve agriculture?
Through the application of technology, improving almost every process. Technology has been applied in an endless list of agricultural processes. Including farm machinery, livestock handing facilities, feeding capabilities, agronomy, communication others. Below is a few ways in which technology has evolved within agricultural industries.
How can we encourage farmers to adopt better farm technology?
· A critical first step is improved knowledge on the agriculture-nutrition-health nexus. We need to go beyond a blind pursuit of indiscriminate agricultural growth. Instead, we should promote “smarter” growth by learning more about the health and nutrition impacts of different subsectoral patterns of agricultural development.
What are the ways to improve agriculture?
Ways to improve agricultural productionImplementation of land reforms. Land reforms are the first and most important point for improving productivity. … Interplant. … Plant more densely. … Manuring. … Plant many crops. … Water use and soil management. … Sustainable agriculture. … Raised beds.More items…•
How can agriculture development be improved?
3 ways to boost Indian agricultureInvesting in smarter value chains. PPPs could help spur the development of the food processing industry, one of the newest sectors in Indian agriculture. … Improving access to credit, technology and markets. … Building farmer resilience to environmental shocks.
Why do we need to improve our agriculture?
Agriculture plays a critical role in transforming economies to reach the goal, along with achieving other essential development goals like ensuring food security and improving nutrition.
How can we improve agriculture in developing countries?
8 ways Africa can raise farm productivity and boost growthDevelop high-yield crops. … Boost irrigation. … Increase the use of fertilizers. … Improve market access, regulations, and governance. … Make better use of information technology. … Adopt genetically modified (GM) crops.More items…•
How can we solve agricultural problems?
Below are the top solutions to the Problems of Agriculture: Provision of Adequate Education to Farmers. … Provision Large Area of Land to Farmers. … Reducing of the Cost Farmer Inputs to Farmers. … Encouragement of the Gender and Age in Farming Sector. … Farmers should be Encourage to Join Co-operative Society.More items…•
How can we improve and promote agriculture in India?
Six Main Strategies to Improve the Agriculture Productivity in…Soil Health Enhancement: … Irrigation Water Supply Augmentation and Management: … Credit and Insurance: … Technology: … Market: … Regionally Differentiated Strategy:
How does agriculture improve the economy?
A strong agricultural economy brings social progress by increasing productivity, employment and income. Agriculture is the main driver of development in most rural areas. Demand for staple foods, agricultural commodities and – increasingly – processed food is growing in developing countries.
How does agriculture improve the quality of life?
When agricultural operations are sustainably managed, they can preserve and restore critical habitats, help protect watersheds, and improve soil health and water quality. But unsustainable practices have serious impacts on people and the environment. The need for sustainable resource management is increasingly urgent.
How agriculture can improve health and nutrition?
From increasing the availability of total calories, to specific measures on nutrient deficiencies, agriculture can play an important role in addressing nutrition security. Biofortified foods are bred to have higher amounts of micronutrients and can help provide essential vitamins and minerals.
What has government done to improve agriculture?
The Government of India has structured Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) with the vision to extend the coverage of irrigation and improving water use efficiency in a focused manner. PMKSY focuses end to end solution on source creation, distribution, management, field application and extension activities.
How can we improve agriculture in the Philippines?
Key policy recommendations to improve agriculture in the PhilippinesRefocus the policy package to improve food security.Focus on agricultural land policies, from land distribution to protection of property rights through land governance reforms.Budget support for long-term structural reforms.More items…•
What steps should be taken to improve the present state of agriculture in India?
Here’s your answer…. The govt should increase public investment. Increase subsidies on agricultural inputs(fertilisers,HYV seeds) Reduce import of agricultural product(rice and wheat) Establish banks and give loan to farmers at low interest. Encourage cultivation of high value crops along with cereals.More items…•
Why is agriculture important in developing countries?
Agriculture can be important for developing countries in several ways; where food security is weak it can be a vital source of nutrition, it provides income for farmers and farm workers and thus revenues for rural areas, job opportunities in related areas such as processing and in some cases export revenue and thus …
What are the problems of agriculture in developing countries?
Problems addressed, in reporting from relevant sources, include population pressure, subsistence agriculture, rural poverty, natural resource depletion with emphasis on deforestation, land degradation, decline in productivity, resource rich/urban biased policies, and gender disparities.
How does agriculture help underdeveloped countries?
The potential benefits to small farmers include increases in food supply, increases in incomes, reduction of poverty, reduction of malnutrition and general improvement to small farmers’ overall livelihoods.
How can farmers in Third World countries be more sustainable?
Sustainable farming practices include conservation tillage, reduced pesticide use, increased carbon sequestration and integrated pest control. These activities require less water than traditional farming and increase crop yields if done correctly.
What are the best methods of improving the production of agricultural products?
For improving the production, land reforms are the first and predominant point. Machines, tractors, and implements do land reforms . These machines have the qualities that make rugged farming areas smooth to work on the field efficiently. Working on the field is easy, that means an improvement in productivity is easy. Land reforms are the best method to increase production.
How to improve the productivity of a farm?
3. Plant more densely. It is the simplest way to improve the productivity of farms, in this plant crops close together. Many farmers keep their vegetables excessively away, which leads to the abandonment of large areas growing well. 4. Plant many crops. The next method of improving productivity is to plant many crops.
What is interplanting in agriculture?
Interplanting is a practice in which different crops are growing together at the same time. It is the best way to maximize the productivity of your growing space. Some crops are the best together, some not.
Why is productivity important in agriculture?
The productivity of farms is essential for many reasons. Providing more food, increasing productivity affects the farming market’s growth, labour migration, and income. Increased agricultural productivity refers to the more efficient distribution of scarce resources. Learning how to improve production is a crucial aspect of productive farming.
Why is nitrogen important for plants?
Nitrogen is a necessary element for better plant growth, and without nitrogen, most of the crops would not exist. Annually, plus 100 million tonnes of nitrogen are applied to crops in the form of fertilizer to help them grow stronger and better. The use of nitrogen can enhance the production of up to 22%. 9.
What are the benefits of improved seeds?
Improved seeds. Seeds play an essential role in the farms, and improved seeds are best to enhance farm productivity. Improved seeds are suitable for increasing production. 10. Plant protection. According to farming scientists, about 5% of crops destroyed by insects, pests, and diseases.
What is the need and demand of farmers?
Enhancing production is the need and demand of farmers. Many factors can improve farming productivity. Below we present some methods of improving farming production.
What should be done in rural areas?
In rural areas, more emphasis should be made to set up cottage and small scale industries. This will raise the income of the peasants and keep them busy during the off season.
How to protect farmers from exploitation?
To protect the farmers exploitation, effective steps are needed to be taken to check the sale of adulterated fertilizers.
How should farmers be made familiar with the advantage of chemical fertilizer?
The farmers should be made familiar with the advantage of chemical fertilizer through exhibitions and these inputs should be made easily available through co-operative societies and panchayats. Liberal supplies of insecticides and pesticides should be distributed at the cheap rates all over the country side.
Why should efforts be made to plug the loopholes in the existing land legislations?
It is also suggested that efforts should be made to plug the loopholes in the existing land legislations so that the surplus land may be distributed among the small and marginal farmers. The administrative set-up should be streamlined and corrupt elements should also be punished. It will help to implement the law properly.
Why should the marketing infrastructure be widened and strengthened?
Marketing infrastructure should be widened and strengthened to help the farmers to sell their products at better prices. There should be proper arrangements for unloading of the produce in the markets. Besides, price support policy must be adopted and minimum prices should be guaranteed to the peasants.
How to save farmers from moneylenders?
To save the farmers from the clutches of moneylenders, adequate credit facilities should be made available at reasonable cheap rates in rural areas. The land mortgage banks and co-operative credit societies should be strengthened to provide loans to the cultivators.
Why does the majority of the population depend on agriculture?
As we know, that in our country, majority of population depends on agriculture to earn their both ends meet. This increases the pressure of population on land which leads to subdivision and fragmentation of land holdings.
What is the first thing farmers do to increase agricultural productivity?
When it comes to increasing agricultural productivity the first thing each farmer does is buying special AG machinery. We mean, tractors, harvesters, cultivators, spreaders etc. This is not a new trend as tractors have been used worldwide in AG for over a hundred years. However, precise agriculture does even more. It improves the functionality with the help of digital solutions. A GPS method of data transmission from the satellite that was a real breakout for AG. Even the simplest GPS trackers installed on farming machinery allow a wide range of possibilities:
How to improve farm productivity?
What Methods Are Especially Productive for Farm Improvement? 1 They help to track the route of each machinery item to provide thorough control of the working process. 2 They help in mapping the territory of the farm. 3 They allow making precise calculations of the number of seeds needed to sow or of a future crop. 4 They help to avoid errors and gaps in tractor fieldwork.
How has Australian agriculture come a long way?
Australian agriculture has come a long way in the past ten years. Through the application of technology, improving almost every process. Technology has been applied in an endless list of agricultural processes. Including farm machinery, livestock handing facilities, feeding capabilities, agronomy, communication others.
Why is technology important for livestock?
New technology and applications streamline this process. It allows producers to track their livestock. As well as create reports that assist in tracking their effectiveness and costs. Using technology, the lifetime tractability of livestock is now more effective than ever.
How does GPS technology help farmers?
GPS technology can be used in machinery to track vehicle movements and fuel consumption. Relieving stain on the farmer through vehicle assist technology, operation tracking to monitor yield and crop quality, track maintenance as well as direct communication through cloud technology.
How can agriculture improve health?
How agriculture can improve health and nutrition. The agricultural sector presents key opportunities for improving nutrition and health. But this connection is often not given due attention, despite parallel initiatives across the three sectors. The potential impacts of agricultural activities on health and nutrition extend across a number …
Why is agriculture important for the poor?
Given the importance of agriculture for the livelihoods of the rural poor, agricultural growth has the potential to greatly reduce poverty – a key contributor to poor health and undernutrition.
Why is agricultural intensification important?
Agricultural intensification has been essential to feed the world’s growing population, but it has also brought its own risks for people’s health, including zoonotic diseases, water- and food-borne diseases, occupational hazards, and natural resource degradation and overuse. Similarly, water, energy (electricity) and fertilizer subsidies have been linked to distorted consumption and production choices and the crowding out of public investment.
What are the benefits of biofortification?
More recently, biofortification efforts to breed and disseminate crops that are rich in micronutrients, such as vitamin A, zinc and iron, have improved vitamin and mineral intake among consumers in Africa and Asia. Another important contribution of agriculture towards nutrition and health is increased rural income, …
Why is improved access to market important for farmers?
Improved access to market can also trigger farmers’ motivation to invest in agriculture. By providing intermediate, appropriate technology: In order to be attractive, sustainable practices need to be technically as well as economically efficient.
How to reinforce policy advocacy for sustainable agriculture?
One way to reinforce policy advocacy for sustainable agriculture is by producing and consolidating evidence of its benefits, in contrast with the negative impacts of high-input intensive monocultures.
What is sustainable agriculture in Mozambique?
A scoping study on sustainable agriculture in Mozambique shows that approaches such as agroforestry and conservation agriculture have been increasingly promoted throughout the country. Research trials and anecdotal evidence suggest that these practices increase yields, are climate-resilient and economically accessible.
How does organic farming contribute to food security?
Low external input, sustainable agricultural practices such as agroecology and organic farming can contribute to food security by increasing productivity while at the same time being more climate-resilient, environmentally sustainable, and ensuring healthy and productive soils into the future.
What are the major drivers of agricultural growth?
In food insecure countries, large-scale investments are often considered a major driver of agricultural growth, but these can promote monocultures and intensive approaches that damage the environment and progressively decrease soil fertility.
Do farmers know about alternative options?
Farmers know a lot, but they may not know about alternative options if they have not been introduced to them. Research and technical extension staff need additional resources to reach more farmers, and they need more training on ‘non-conventional’ farming methods and on innovative ways to share their knowledge.
How has agriculture responded to human history?
In the course of human history, agriculture has responded to humanity’s greatest challenges. The sector has increased food production to a level that many believed impossible. The sector now has an opportunity to make yet another major contribution to humanity’s success during this crucial window for action.
What will be the main emissions reductions in 2050?
by 2050 compared with business-as-usual emissions—a reduction of about 20 percent of total emissions from agriculture, forestry, and land use change. Moreover, the top 15 measures by abatement potential would contribute 85 percent of this emissions abatement and touch four major categories: energy, animal protein, crops, and rice cultivation.
Is agriculture a part of climate?
Agriculture is also significantly less consolidated than other sectors; reducing emissions requires action by one-quarter of the global population. Finally, the agriculture sector has a complicated set of objectives to consider alongside climate goals, including biodiversity, nutrition need, food security, and the livelihood …