- 1 How can we increase agricultural output?
- 2 How do machines improve the production of Agriculture?
- 3 Why is it important to improve productivity in agriculture?
- 4 How can we improve crop production in Africa?
- 5 How agricultural production can be increased?
- 6 How can we improve agricultural production and become self sufficient?
- 7 What steps should be taken to increase agricultural production?
- 8 Is the main demand of farmers movement?
- 9 Which revolution was initiated to increase agricultural production and become self sufficient with regard to food grains?
- 10 What can be done to increase agricultural production class 10?
- 11 How can we increase agricultural production class 8?
- 12 How can agricultural productivity be improved in India?
- 13 How can cultivators invest more for the improvement of land?
- 14 How to facilitate farmers to produce new farm inputs and enable them to sell their product in markets?
- 15 What should be done in rural areas?
- 16 Why should efforts be made to plug the loopholes in the existing land legislations?
- 17 How should farmers be made familiar with the advantage of chemical fertilizer?
- 18 Why should climate be generated?
- 19 Why does the majority of the population depend on agriculture?
- 20 What are the best methods of improving the production of agricultural products?
- 21 How to improve the productivity of a farm?
- 22 How can irrigation improve production?
- 23 What are the benefits of improved seeds?
- 24 What is raised bed farming?
- 25 What is interplanting in agriculture?
- 26 What is the need and demand of farmers?
- 27 How can farmers improve their crop productivity?
- 28 How can improved crop yield be achieved?
- 29 What should be made to guide and advise farmers to adopt new technology?
- 30 Why is it important to use high quality seeds?
- 31 Why is water management important for crops?
- 32 How to increase crop yields?
- 33 How does soil rotation affect crop yield?
- 34 How can the government improve agricultural productivity?
- 35 What are the challenges of food security in Uganda?
- 36 How to mitigate the effects of FNS?
- 37 What is the national plan for Uganda?
- 38 What is the government of Uganda’s commitment to food security?
- 39 What are the challenges of Uganda?
- 40 What countries are in the Brookings Global Ending Rural Hunger project?
- 41 How much of the world’s food is grown by irrigation?
- 42 What is the IAEA’s national action plan?
- 43 How has Australian agriculture come a long way?
- 44 Why is marketing important for farmers?
- 45 How does GPS technology help farmers?
- 46 Why is tracking livestock important?
- 47 What are the advantages of livestock numbers?
- 48 Is accounting software stressful?
- 49 How to improve the soil of Africa?
- 50 How can information technology help farmers?
- 51 Why is government support important for smallholder farmers?
- 52 How did the Green Revolution affect the world?
- 53 Is GM growing in Africa?
- 54 Types of Agricultural Production Systems
- 55 Agricultural Production Activities
- 56 Ways to Improve Agricultural Production
- Interplant. Interplanting is a practice in which different crops are growing together at the same time. …
- Plant more densely. …
- Plant many crops. …
- Raised beds. …
- Heat Tolerant Varieties. …
- Improved seeds. …
- Plant protection.
How can we increase agricultural output?
1 day ago · Below are some ideas: Improve Irrigation System One of the most important factors that affect Agricultural production is water. Without enough water, crops will not be able to grow properly and yield will be low. To ensure that your crops get enough water, you need to have a good irrigation system in place.
How do machines improve the production of Agriculture?
· How to Improve Farming Productivity 1. Implementation of land reforms. For improving the production, land reforms are the first and predominant point. 2. Interplant. Interplanting is a practice in which different crops are growing together at the same time. It is the… 3. Plant more densely. It is …
Why is it important to improve productivity in agriculture?
· The need for the government and its partners to stimulate improved agricultural productivity through increased access to productivity-enhancing inputs (e.g., credit, fertilizers, improved seeds)….
How can we improve crop production in Africa?
to improve productivity in agriculture, particularly through better water and soil management practices, efficient crop nutrition, and control of insect pests. According to FAO estimates, as much as 40 per cent of the world’s food is grown using irrigation, but large amounts of this water is lost to leakage in the irrigation system itself.
How agricultural production can be increased?
These findings suggest that development of factor markets can improve agricultural efficiency. Several other factors that contribute to increased value of crop production, without significant impacts on land degradation, include specialized crop production, livestock and nonfarm income strategies, and irrigation.
How can we improve agricultural production and become self sufficient?
To increase agricultural production and become self-sufficient with regard to food grains Green revolution was initiated. In took place in the 1960’s under the leadership of agricultural scientist MS Swaminathan.
What steps should be taken to increase agricultural production?
AnswerIrrigation Facilities.Institutional Credit.Proper Marketing Facilities.Supply of Quality Inputs.Consolidation of Holdings.Agricultural Education.Reduction of Population on Land.Provision of Better Manure Seeds.More items…•
Is the main demand of farmers movement?
to get right price for the agricultural products is the main demand of farmers movements.
Which revolution was initiated to increase agricultural production and become self sufficient with regard to food grains?
The Green RevolutionThe Green Revolution has made India self-sufficient in food grains. In India, after Green Revolution, production of many crops has increased many times. The production of wheat was just 88 lakh tones in 1955-56. Now it has crossed 718 lakh tones.
What can be done to increase agricultural production class 10?
5 Key Measures to Improve Farming ProductivitySmart water management. Using of drop by drop or sprinkler irrigation systems you can increase crop yields up to 50 percent.Varieties selection. … Conservation tillage. … Nitrogen. … Farm management software.
How can we increase agricultural production class 8?
Solution : Agricultural production can be increased by increasing area under cultivation and by increasing the number of crops grown in a year. Agricultural production can be also be increased by improving irrigational facilities and using fertilizers.
How can agricultural productivity be improved in India?
Six Main Strategies to Improve the Agriculture Productivity in…Soil Health Enhancement: … Irrigation Water Supply Augmentation and Management: … Credit and Insurance: … Technology: … Market: … Regionally Differentiated Strategy:
How can cultivators invest more for the improvement of land?
Ways # 2. Irrigation Facilities: Crop productivity depends not only on the quality of input but also on the irrigation facilities. Therefore, canals, tube wells should be constructed to provide better irrigation facilities for the security of crops.
How to facilitate farmers to produce new farm inputs and enable them to sell their product in markets?
Ways # 1. Transport Facilities : To facilitate the farmers to produce new farm inputs and enable them to sell their product in markets, villages should be linked with mandies. It would help to raise their income which in turn stimulates the farmer’s interest to adopt better farm technology with sufficient income. ADVERTISEMENTS:
What should be done in rural areas?
In rural areas, more emphasis should be made to set up cottage and small scale industries. This will raise the income of the peasants and keep them busy during the off season.
Why should efforts be made to plug the loopholes in the existing land legislations?
It is also suggested that efforts should be made to plug the loopholes in the existing land legislations so that the surplus land may be distributed among the small and marginal farmers. The administrative set-up should be streamlined and corrupt elements should also be punished. It will help to implement the law properly.
How should farmers be made familiar with the advantage of chemical fertilizer?
The farmers should be made familiar with the advantage of chemical fertilizer through exhibitions and these inputs should be made easily available through co-operative societies and panchayats. Liberal supplies of insecticides and pesticides should be distributed at the cheap rates all over the country side.
Why should climate be generated?
Therefore, proper climate should be generated to encourage the farm people to start employment in subsidiary occupations. It will help to reduce the population pressure on land. Surplus labour should be withdrawn from agriculture sector and be absorbed in non-agricultural sector.
Why does the majority of the population depend on agriculture?
As we know, that in our country, majority of population depends on agriculture to earn their both ends meet. This increases the pressure of population on land which leads to subdivision and fragmentation of land holdings.
What are the best methods of improving the production of agricultural products?
For improving the production, land reforms are the first and predominant point. Machines, tractors, and implements do land reforms . These machines have the qualities that make rugged farming areas smooth to work on the field efficiently. Working on the field is easy, that means an improvement in productivity is easy. Land reforms are the best method to increase production.
How to improve the productivity of a farm?
3. Plant more densely. It is the simplest way to improve the productivity of farms, in this plant crops close together. Many farmers keep their vegetables excessively away, which leads to the abandonment of large areas growing well. 4. Plant many crops. The next method of improving productivity is to plant many crops.
How can irrigation improve production?
Water is an essential need for planting crops, and by the management of water, you can enhance the production. Water management is the best way to improve production. Using the sprinkler irrigation system, you can increase the output by up to 50%. By the manufacturing canals, tube wells get a better irrigation system for the safety of crops.
What are the benefits of improved seeds?
Improved seeds. Seeds play an essential role in the farms, and improved seeds are best to enhance farm productivity. Improved seeds are suitable for increasing production. 10. Plant protection. According to farming scientists, about 5% of crops destroyed by insects, pests, and diseases.
What is raised bed farming?
It creates dense plantations, fewer pathways, and more active growing areas. Raised beds are symbolic of improving the productivity of crops. 6.
What is interplanting in agriculture?
Interplanting is a practice in which different crops are growing together at the same time. It is the best way to maximize the productivity of your growing space. Some crops are the best together, some not.
What is the need and demand of farmers?
Enhancing production is the need and demand of farmers. Many factors can improve farming productivity. Below we present some methods of improving farming production.
How can farmers improve their crop productivity?
There are a few measures or steps which a farmer can adapt to improve agriculture crop productivity such as:-. The most important part of planting is to choose the right time to plant. To increase the produce the best work is to start planting if your soil is ready.
How can improved crop yield be achieved?
Improved crop yield can also be achieved through both breeding & biotechnology. Proper marketing facilities should be provided to help the farmers to sell their product at better prices. This would help to raise their income & further increased productivity.
What should be made to guide and advise farmers to adopt new technology?
Lastly, to guide & advice the farmers to adopt new technology, efforts should be made for agricultural education.
Why is it important to use high quality seeds?
High-quality seeds are the base for improving crop productivity. Use of hybrid seeds that grow faster & stronger should be encouraged.
Why is water management important for crops?
It is essential to make sure that the crops get enough water but at the same time, they must not be over watered. Proper drainage system in crops will surely maximize its growth & production.
How to increase crop yields?
To increase crop yields it is necessary for the farmers to scout the fields on feet. This will provide a farmer a chance to know soil condition, to check that the crops are growing well & to notice any weeds cropping up. To take proper care of the crops is an important step towards the strong yield.
How does soil rotation affect crop yield?
Seasonal soil rotation affects the overall yield. Planting crops season – by – season helps to extend farm operations. And this will result in crops that yield more.
How can the government improve agricultural productivity?
The need for the government and its partners to stimulate improved agricultural productivity through increased access to productivity-enhancing inputs (e.g., credit, fertilizers, improved seeds). Importantly, accomplishing this goal will involve reducing gender bias in access to, control over, and ownership of productive resources.
What are the challenges of food security in Uganda?
Food access remains a major challenge to achieving food and nutrition security in the country due to low agricultural productivity and the large gender gap in access to agricultural inputs and other productive resources such as land, information technology, equipment, irrigation, and financial services. Achieving better FNS in Uganda is also hampered by high vulnerability to shocks (e.g., production shocks, weather shocks, consumption shocks, and price shocks) and limited resource mobilization for addressing FNS needs. For instance, Uganda lags behind the sub-Saharan African average with respect to public and private investments in interventions related to FNS. The national expenditure on agriculture is $4 per rural capita compared to an average of $23 for sub-Saharan Africa. A similar pattern is noted in official development assistance to FNS and foreign direct investment to the agriculture sector.
How to mitigate the effects of FNS?
The need to design and implement interventions that foster resilience in households and communities to income and consumption shocks in order to mitigate the effects of these shocks on FNS. Potential mitigation mechanisms include promoting income diversification strategies in rural areas, developing strong credit and insurance markets for agriculture, upholding and strengthening the food safety net programs (to target mainly women), encouraging savings behavior in rural households, and supporting better on-farm storage facilities to stimulate savings culture and prevent post-harvest losses.
What is the national plan for Uganda?
At the national level, the government of Uganda is currently implementing the National Development Plan (NDP) 2016-2020, a holistic framework for poverty eradication in Uganda. The plan includes FNS-related targets, such as eliminating stunting among children under five years by …
What is the government of Uganda’s commitment to food security?
The government of Uganda has made commitments towards ensuring food and nutrition security in the country as a pathway to improving public health, labor productivity, and economic growth. At the regional and international levels, Uganda subscribes to several FNS agendas with time-bound targets.
What are the challenges of Uganda?
Hunger, food insecurity, and malnutrition pose major health and economic challenges in Uganda. By several measures, the country ranks among the least well-nourished countries in the world. The 2013 Comprehensive Food Security & Vulnerability Analysis (CFSVA) conducted by the World Food Program …
What countries are in the Brookings Global Ending Rural Hunger project?
The other case study countries include Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania, Senegal, and Ethiopia.
How much of the world’s food is grown by irrigation?
According to FAO estimates, as much as 40 per cent of theworld’s food is grown using irrigation, but large amounts ofthis water is lost to leakage in the irrigation system itself.Improper irrigation is also a major cause of soil salinity.Roughly one tenth of the world’s irrigated land has beendamaged by salt. With the threat of climate changes, moreand more regions of the world are also at risk of droughtand desertification. Improved irrigation practices will helpconserve water and protect vulnerable land.
What is the IAEA’s national action plan?
national action plan tailored to their specific situation andneeds. The IAEA is providing technical advice and assistance,as well as the equipment needed to use isotopic techniquesfor water and integrated nutrient management.
How has Australian agriculture come a long way?
Australian agriculture has come a long way in the past ten years. Through the application of technology, improving almost every process. Technology has been applied in an endless list of agricultural processes. Including farm machinery, livestock handing facilities, feeding capabilities, agronomy, communication others.
Why is marketing important for farmers?
Marketing is an important tool for Australian farmers, as it is form many other Australian businesses. Online programs and applications have streamlined many time-consuming processes involved in marketing management. This new software allows users to track their online activity, to manage website and social media campaign activity. Facebook has developed their technology so that reporting is easy and free. Which is useful for many users who what to know who is watching and when.
How does GPS technology help farmers?
GPS technology can be used in machinery to track vehicle movements and fuel consumption. Relieving stain on the farmer through vehicle assist technology, operation tracking to monitor yield and crop quality, track maintenance as well as direct communication through cloud technology.
Why is tracking livestock important?
It allows producers to track their livestock. As well as create reports that assist in tracking their effectiveness and costs. Using technology, the lifetime tractability of livestock is now more effective than ever.
What are the advantages of livestock numbers?
Some include monitoring livestock movements, trading, reporting, forward planning and feeding programs. New technology and applications streamline this process. It allows producers to track their livestock. As well as create reports that assist in tracking their effectiveness and costs.
Is accounting software stressful?
Managing what seems like a mountain of paperwork can be stressful and time consuming. Accounting, banking and payroll software have come a long way in recent years. The simplifying and streamlining of book work, better budgeting, improved reporting capabilities. It has also improved the ability to communicate with banks, tax agencies and other financial institutions. Financial processes take less time and create fewer headaches for many.
How to improve the soil of Africa?
1. Develop high-yield crops. Increased research into plant breeding, which takes into account the unique soil types of Africa, is a major requirement. A dollar invested in such research by the CGIAR consortium of agricultural research centres is estimated to yield six dollars in benefits. 2.
How can information technology help farmers?
It also improves land and water management, provides access to weather information, and connects farmers to sources of credit.
Why is government support important for smallholder farmers?
Government support, crucial to coordinate the integration of smallholder farmers into larger cooperatives and groups, may be needed in other areas that aid integration with wider markets..
How did the Green Revolution affect the world?
The Green Revolution benefited most regions of the world , particularly East Asia and the Pacific, where cereal yields quadrupled between 1960 and 1990. But Africa missed out on this and the continued lack of progress in agricultural productivity has been blamed for holding back the region’s overall economic growth.
Is GM growing in Africa?
But with Africa’s rapid population growth, high-yield GM crops that are resistant to weather shocks provide an opportunity for Africa to address food insecurity.
Types of Agricultural Production Systems
Depending on the type of crop and its use, there are different types of agricultural production. Depending on the available traditional, organic, or conventional management systems the types of feed or row crops grown. The production and management of maize, cotton, wheat, soybean, and tobaccocrops are profitable for farmers. Crop production also includes the exchange of feed so…
Agricultural Production Activities
- Agriculture– Soil cultivation, Planting, nurturing, and harvesting crops; Raising, feeding, and managing animals.
- Aquaculture– Raising private aquatic animals (Fish)
- Floriculture– Growing flowering plants
- Horticulture– Growing fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
Ways to Improve Agricultural Production
Agricultural development – Increased productivity comes from innovative farming techniques and innovations such as improved seed and nutrient management and best practices for animal health. Focusing on ecosystem services, such as preventing pollinationand erosion, can increase and maintain productive benefits over time. Field productivity is impor…