Ley Farming Guide, Process and Profit
What is Ley Farming
Usually, the system of growing grass and crops alternatively is known as the Ley farming or the growing of legumes and grass in alternate to or rotation with the tilled and grain crops to increase the soil fertility is known as ley farming. This method of farming is also known as “alternate husbandry”.
Nowadays, with the ease of increasing human population and animals in the world, the food requirement for both of them also increases Steadily which includes the grain, fruits, legumes, fodder and also the fuelwood. And to meet the requirement, the growers of new generation make use of pesticides and fertilizers in much more higher quantity.
And because of this excessive use of fertilizers, pesticides and other growth enhancers in food production whether it be grain, legumes, fodder, or any fruit, the soil fertility lowers down with little harming to the soil. So, to maintain the soil fertility and productivity, new farming technologies should be adopted in the food production.
Alternate farming systems are the best and sustainable way to maintain the physical properties of soil and also increase the biological processes and activities in the soil. This also includes low input in the production preventing the further degradation of fertile soil.
So, in keeping the view of sustainable farming, the grain and legumes crops are used in the alternate option of the cash crops and fodder production. The alternation between cash crop and grain crops is followed again with another option. The alternation between the cash crops and grain crop or food crop is beneficial in maintaining the soil structure and physical properties of soil. This also enhances the biological processes in the soil.
Check here Also More articles:
- Goat Farming Business Plan ,Profit and Guide
- Aloe Vera Farming Business Plan ,Profit and Guide
- Vermicompost Project, Process and Preparation Guide
- Terrace (Step) farming Inca; Advantages and Disadvantages
- Mushroom Farming Commercial Business, Cultivation ,Procedure
- Sheep Farming Business Plan
- Quail Farming For Egg & Meat Production for Beginners
- Rabbit Farming Guide
- Sunflower Farming
- Profitable Pearl (Moti) Farming Guide
- Honey Bee Farming Business Guide
- Pomegranate Farming Cultivation Information Guide
- Kiwi Fruit Farming Information, Guide
- Sandalwood [Chandan] Tree Cultivation Business Plan
- Dairy Farming Business Plan Guide & Information
All of this combined helpful in increasing the soil fertility via increasing the nitrogen content in the soil. Legumes crops are especially known in increasing of soil fertility and productivity because of the ability to fix the atmospheric nitrogen into the ground through the help of living bacteria in their root nodules by fulfilling the necessity of artificial nitrogen fertilizers. This is also beneficial in providing soil protection from the erosion through constant soil coverage.
Main Benefits of Ley Farming
The following are the main benefits of following the ley farming system or “alternate husbandry”:
- It improves the soil fertility and also the soil structure
- It also reduces the soil erosion and degradation of soil
- Ley farming method is beneficial in the efficient use of all the available natural resources
- This is also an effective way of controlling weeds, insects and seasonal diseases of various crops.
- Ley pasture is also able to add in the improvement in animal husbandry. It provides high-quality fodder and also stimulates the rapid growth of animals.
- This is the sustainable way of optimum food and fodder production with little use of chemicals and harmful pesticides in the production.
Friends, with the ease of increase in population and animals, the requirement of food and fodder is also being increased more and more. But, to meet the food requirement, food producers use harmful pesticides and fertilizer in much higher quantity to obtain higher yield but its direct impact on the soil fertility and productivity.
So, in maintaining soil fertility and fertility, cultivating with the ley farming system is the best and sustainable way. This also encourages the organic farming.