- 1 Organic farming Process, Profit and Cultivation
- 2 Need of Organic farming
- 3 Principles of organic farming
- 4 Basic steps involved in Organic Farming
- 5 Methods of Organic Farming
- 6 Advantages and Disadvantages of Organic Farming
Organic farming Process, Profit and Cultivation
In India, Organic farming is not an unusual method, it is used from the ancient time by the Indian culture. Currently, population growth is a major problem in this fast growing world. With an increase in population, the need of food is also increasing rapidly. To fulfill the human consumption of food, production is raised by using various chemical fertilizers, the use of toxic pesticides on farming, and hybrid are used. This will lead to an adverse effect on the health of Human beings and also nature.
So, to get rid of this problem, people have started to use the Organic farming. But, not properly and perfectly. So, friend! today we are going to learn what is Organic farming, it advantages and disadvantages methods, and also the importance of Organic farming in India.
Let us start our journey with what is Organic farming?
What is Organic Farming?
Organic farming (definition): Organic farming is the method of agriculture that is totally based on the unused or minimal use of synthetic fertilizers and synthetic pesticides and which uses crop circle, green manure, compost, waste from the farming, manure of animals, etc. Organic farming maintains and raises the fertility power of soil on which it is followed. Since 1990, the market demand for organic products has increased significantly in the whole world.
The cycles of interchange between biological substance and inorganic substances make a great change in fertility power of the soil, which causes damage to the soil. Since fertility power of soil is reducing sue the use of chemicals and toxic pesticides in over dose. The environment pollution leads to declination in human health.
In the ancient time of Indian culture, farming was done in accordance with the adaptable and natural environment of human health, due to which the cycle of exchange between biological and inorganic substances is altered so that there is no pollution of any type, whether it may be land pollution, water pollution, air pollution etc. There is a long history of organic farming in India. In ancient India, people used to do organic farming as they are using cattle as a business whose proof is in our texts of the older document like Lord Krishna and Balram are addressed as Gopal and Haldar.
That is, agriculture and live stock farming (animal husbandry) are jointly beneficial, which is very useful for animals and also to nature. But with change in climate, the animal husbandry decrease because of increasing use of various types of chemical fertilizers, toxic pesticides, and insecticides in the agriculture. This creates disturbance in the cycle of the biological substance and inorganic substance via polluting the atmosphere which finally leads to affect the health of human beings.
Uses of organic fertilizers will helpful in achieving more and more yield which keep the land, water, air and environment pollution free as there is no use of any type of chemicals. Which further leads to better health of all organism including the human beings.
Need of Organic farming
If you are going to follow organic farming, then I am sure that you always look for what is Importance of Organic farming or what is need of organic farming? or the future prospect of organic farming. In this, I can help you.
With the increase in population, there is need to fulfill the food requirement which is acquired by the grower and the farmers with plenty of uses of chemical fertilizers and pesticide in the agricultural farming for the greater amount of production. In doing so soil, air, water, and nature are polluted which further results in poisonous food. With a change in climate, there is need of farming which is based on nature and is not harmful to the environment.
Organic farming is such method, which did not harm the climate in any way since there is no use of any type of chemicals and toxic pesticide. In the present time, the product from organic farming has high demands in the market because of its health benefits.
Importance of Organic Farming
The following are the main characteristics of organic farming: –
- Organic farming increases the productivity of soil for a long term as it enhances the biological activity & also manages the level of organic matter or content of the soil.
- Since organic farming involves the interaction between micro organism and soil, it is helpful in supplying all essential crop nutrient to the plant for good development.
- Organic farming also supplies sufficient Nitrogen to the crop through numerous component of it.
- Also, rotating crop is a key factor in controlling the disease, weeds, & pest.
- Organica farming also better the health in compared to the inorganic farming product. So, it products are more preferred that the inorganic farming products.
That is why Use of organic farming is advisable that to following the inorganic farming method.
Principles of organic farming
There are four main principles of organic farming, which are listed below
- Principle of health
- Principle of Ecology
- Principle of Fairness
- Principle of Care
Principle of Health
Health is the wholeness and integrity of living systems. Health is not meant with just the absence of illness, but it is mainly maintenance of mental, physical, social, and the ecological health. Health’s main characteristic with resilience, immunity, & the regeneration.
Organic farming ( cultivation, consumption or processing plays an important role in increasing the health of our ecosystem also of the earth organism from micro to macro organism which includes everything, the human being as well.
Since the organic farming is used to produce nutritious & high-quality food that can give a healthy life. In this fast growing populating worlds, growers use fertilizers and pesticide to achieve optimum amount of production, which raise the toxic level in that produce food. So, to stop this and provide a good and quality food, organic farming is carried out. Apart from this, organic farming is also helpful in increasing the soil productivity which leads to the optimum production without a use of any type of chemical or fertilizers to crop.
Principle of Ecology
Besides the health principle of health, this is also a good benefit of following organic farming. This principle states that the production should be based on the ecological processes and recycling of them. As organic farming does not use any type of chemical and fertilizers, it causes to low investment as those things are too expensive in the market and also harmful to our ecosystems. Note that this farming use only unwanted and biodegradable waste, which is just passing away by us. It also uses the unused matter like the leaves on the field and much like.
Principle of Fairness
Organic farming makes no use of harmful chemical during complete farming. It uses only biodegradable organic waste, so there is no chance of getting the impure food from this techniques. It provides healthy and happy life to all those parties, who involves in the organic farming and after that like the growers, labors, processors, distributors, traders and mostly and widely the consumers. Apart from this, it is also helpful in reducing the poverty % as organic products are cheaper than inorganic products. So, it is affordable to all peoples who suffer from poverty
The major advantage of this farming is that organic farming inter connect all these livings and non-living which in involves in this farming. That is it tie a bond of a relationship among all livings and non-livings by both; ecologically & socially.
Principle of care
According to this principle, “only scientific knowledge is not enough to manage and maintain the organic farming. It is the practical experience, traditional knowledge of farming, a wisdom of person, and the good practices of livestock farming or animal husbandry that plays an important role in successful organic farming.
Note that all those mention factors help in solving any problem arise during this. Like organic farming, many critical problems arose, which can be prevented with help of practical base knowledge of any of those mention points. Take care that Notable danger can be prevented by the use of suitable technologies.
So, proper care & management in your organic farming are the key factors in deciding the amount of production. And are also responsible for a healthy and quality product in your farming.
Basic steps involved in Organic Farming
Before starting organic farming, you should have some basic knowledge of it so that at least you can perform it well.
First of all, transform the land to organic from traditional management, then make sure of sustainability & biodiversity of your system. Also, think about the alternative sources of biodegradable and organic waste as the complete organic farming is base on the use of it. Traditional manure like cow dung manure leaves on the fields, crop residue, & some biological inputs can be used for this task. However, crop rotation is a key factor to achieve optimum amount of production.
In organic farming, weed & pest must be controlled. One can perform this with help of good farm management practice and also biological control system. Keeping livestock animal is also helps become successful in organic farming. Since livestock animal like cows and buffaloes are the good source of biodegradable and organic waste.
Methods of Organic Farming
There are three types of organic farming; pure, Integrated green revolution and Integrated method. These three methods are described below in short. Learn them and decide for which you are going to follow organic farming.
Pure Organic Farming
In this method of farming, use of toxic chemicals, pesticide, and synthetical fertilizers is strictly prohibited. Instead of using those things, bio pesticides & organic manure are used to obtain healthy and quality products to the maximum.
Integrated Green Revolution Farming
This method of farming is followed by the people to achieve the optimum yield. For this, apart from organic matter, an improved variety of crop or seeds, mechanized field operation, skilled labor involvement & a proper and timely irrigation are also used for getting the optimum amount of production. So, this method is advisable to those, who want to follow this farming without harming ecosystem as it is supposed that this method damage the ecosystem and human health least that remaining two.
Integrated Farming System
This method totally depends on the used of all available source of organic and biodegradable waste surrounding to your farm. There are numerous natural sources of organic waste easily available around you like tree leaves on the field, food waste (collect more as possible from the neighborhood), various farming waste, etc. These all organic waste helps in improving the quality of production without affecting to the ecosystem. However, livestock farming is the best and big source of organic matter like animal’s urine, fodder waste, etc.
So, this all about three different types of organic cultivation, it is up to you to decide which would you like the best.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Organic Farming
For any farming, farmers firstly look for their advantage and disadvantages before following it. So, are the advantage and disadvantages of following organic farming. Have look on it.
Read some Helpful Articles Also :
- Goat Farming Business Plan ,Profit and Guide
- Aloe Vera Farming Business Plan ,Profit and Guide
- Vermicompost Project, Process and Preparation Guide
- Terrace (Step) farming Inca; Advantages and Disadvantages
- Mushroom Farming Commercial Business, Cultivation ,Procedure
- Sheep Farming Business Plan
- Quail Farming For Egg & Meat Production for Beginners
- Rabbit Farming Guide
- Sunflower Farming
- Profitable Pearl (Moti) Farming Guide
- Honey Bee Farming Business Guide
- Pomegranate Farming Cultivation Information Guide
- Kiwi Fruit Farming Information, Guide
- Sandalwood [Chandan] Tree Cultivation Business Plan
- Dairy Farming Business Plan Guide & Information
Advantages of Organic Farming
Each & every farming method comes with its benefits and some of its limitation. Following organic farming can lead to lots of benefits to the grower. Here below, I had mentioned some of them. Learn them!!!
- With help of this farming, a grower can minimize their cost in the farming and produce their best as there is no use of toxic chemicals or any pesticides.
- It tie bond of a relationship among all the living and non-living organism involves in it like the grower, workers, trader, processors, traders and mostly & widely the consumers.
- As it uses only organic & biodegradable matter instead of using toxic chemicals and fertilizers
- It also improves the soil quality and raises the productivity of soil for long term period.
- Widely use of it can lead slowing down the global warming
- This produces a healthy and quality product, good enough for good beings.
- It also supports the livestock farming as they are the biggest and good source of the organic waste.
- It also lessens the pollution as it used the waste from the surrounding. So, there is great need to explored this technique as much as possible.
- Food from organic farming have great demand in the market and is not fulfilled by present no. of growers.
- Organic products are considered as the complete healthy food.
So, this is all about the advantages of following the organic farming system. Now, let us learn some of the disadvantages of it.
Negatives of organic farming
Following organic farming is beneficial to the farmer than the inorganic farming. However, it has some negatives aspects besides its plenty of advantages. So, following are the mentioned below negatives of Organic Farming.
- Organic foods are more expensive in the market (40 % more than conventional farming) because as per present market demand, growers are not capable of fulfilling it.
- It is labor intensive farming as it requires skilled farm management.
- Food illnesses may happen more often in this farming.
- Weed control is time-consuming task in any farming
- The organic pesticide may remain in the soil and are hazardous to the soil fertility.
- As compare to inorganic farming, usually production is always less.
Hey, guys! Organic farming is much beneficial in comparison to the Inorganic farming, as there is great demand for organic food in the market. It has lots of benefits and also minor negative aspects. It ties a bond of relationship between human beings with the eco system. So, it is a good idea to follow this method of farming.
As the present, no. of grower are not capable of fulfilling the market demand for organic foods. One can achieve expected production & earn a lot from it easily. Following this method, a grower can minimize cost as it is totally depend on organic, biodegradable waste which is easily available at any location.
Produce your best and earn a lots, Happy success!!!