- 1 Poplar Tree Identification
- 2 What do you use poplar wood for?
- 3 Poplar Tree Plantation Project Report
- 3.1 Weather Required For Poplar Tree Farming
- 3.2 Poplar Tree Soil Conditions
- 3.3 Propagation Of Poplar Tree Farming In India
- 3.4 Poplar Tree Farming Land Preparation
- 3.5 Poplar Tree Farming Seedlings
- 3.6 Planting of Poplar Tree Farming
- 3.7 Spacing Information For Poplar Tree Farming
- 3.8 Poplar Tree Farming Intercropping
- 3.9 Fertilizers For Poplar Tree Farming In India
- 3.10 Poplar Tree Growth Rate
- 3.11 Poplar Tree Farming Irrigation System
- 3.12 Weed Control For Poplar Tree
- 3.13 Various Insects Of Poplar Tree Farming
- 3.14 Different Diseases in Poplar Tree Farming
- 3.15 Reaping Of Poplar Tree Farming
- 4 Poplar Tree Varieties And Production In India
- 5 Types Of Poplar Trees
- 6 Poplar Tree Plantation Profits And Market Price
Poplar Tree Identification
Poplar tree is very popular tree plants and it is growing very fast so, any farmers can hope for to get the more profits in short time by good farming management. The Populus is a scientific name of a poplar tree.
Poplar farming is mainly done in the following countries.
- North America
From some last decade, poplar trees are also grown in India for mercantile use. Poplar tree is a deciduous tree and it is a genus of populous and belongs from the family Salicaceae. The Northern Hemisphere is a native of a different genus of populous.
In 5 to 7 years Poplar tree can approximately grow above 85 feet in height and 36 inches diameter. The average weight of poplar tree is 300 kg to 400kg.
Poplar Tree Uses In India
- Sports Goods
- Paper Industries
Various Poplar Tree Names In India
- Porush (Hindi)
- Poresh (Bengali )
- Paras piplo (Gujarati )
- Arasi (Kannada)
- Pravaras (Malayalam)
- Parosa pimpal (Marathi)
- Portung (Tamil)
- Ganga Ravi (Telugu)
What do you use poplar wood for?
- Poplar tree is widely used for the manufacture of paper.
- Poplar tree is also used for making matches, pallets, cheap plywood and boxes.
- Poplar tree wood can be used for to produce chopsticks or wooden shoes.
- The poplar tree Interest is using as a biomass or biofuel, energy forestry systems, large carbon mitigation potential, and fast growth.
- Poplar tree is also used in Art and literature.
- Poplar tree logs are also used for biocontrol of termites in crops.
- It is also grown for the protect agricultural fields against the wind erosion.
- Poplar tree wood is used in the manufacture of musical instruments such as guitars, drums, and violas.
Poplar Tree Plantation Project Report
Weather Required For Poplar Tree Farming
This poplar tree can grow mostly in temperate climatic conditions. Poplar tree can thrive optimum in between temperature of 5°C to 45°C areas in India. Poplar tree requires straight sunlight and sufficient moisture content in the soil. The Frost conditions are not well for the better growth of poplar tree.
Poplar Tree Soil Conditions
Poplar tree can grow well on rich loamy soils but this poplar tree farming is also suitable on well drainage clay loam and sandy loam. Poplar tree farming also requires soil pH in between 6 to 8.5. This soil PH is best for its excellent growth and quality. Poplar tree cannot grow well on heavy alkaline and saline soils so, avoid this types of soil for poplar farming.
Propagation Of Poplar Tree Farming In India
The popar trees are grown from Kalam or softwood and hardwood cuttings method. But in this method poplar tree cannot thrive well. So, you should take the young plants from nursery and plantation them in a land.
Poplar Tree Farming Land Preparation
Before Planting, you must prepare your land for poplar tree farming. You must plowed land for many times to make it weed free and tilth soil. If you are planning for intercropping also then apply some rotten manure at the land preparation time.
Poplar Tree Farming Seedlings
You should keep the young plants in chemicals and fungicides in a nursery before moving on to the main field to prevent from any pests and diseases.
- You should also soak young plant 1 meter from roots in chlorpyriphos (250ml in 100 liters of water) for 10 to 12 minutes to avert any pest attack.
- If you want to avoid any fungal disease from Seedlings then you should be placed young plants in Emisan -6 (200 grams in 100 liters of water) for 20 to 22 minutes.
Planting of Poplar Tree Farming
In poplar tree cultivation planting time is very important. If plants are not planted in right time then planted may be 10% mortality. When you transfer seedlings from the nursery to main filed then directly placed in the storage pits which are filled with fresh water (2 to 3 days). Generally, you can start planting in January.
|Time of Plantation||Height of Plants|
|25th Dec to 15th Jan||Above 5 meters.|
|15th Jan to 15th Feb||4 meters to 5 meters.|
|15th Feb to 10th Mar||3 meters to 4 meters.|
You can put the poplar tree seedlings in 1 meter deep pits which have a 15 cm diameter. The pit top soils are filled with the 2 kg farm yard manure (F.M.Y), 25 grams of MOP and 50 grams of SSP mixture.
Note: Don’t fill the upper 10 cm of pits soil for its better watering survival.
Spacing Information For Poplar Tree Farming
|5 m X 5 m||With Inter Cropping||455|
|5 m X 4 m||With Inter Cropping||560|
|6 m X 2 m||With Inter Cropping||990|
|7 m X 2 m||With Inter Cropping||907|
|8 m X 2 m||With Inter Cropping||825|
|5 m X 2 m||Only plantation||1190|
Poplar Tree Farming Intercropping
You can be planting the poplar tree in the farm or field and also cultivate on the boundary of the farm. In poplar tree farming farmer can utilize the inner free space for intercrops cultivation and get the extra income.
- Sugar cane
Avoid intercrops crop
Fertilizers For Poplar Tree Farming In India
|Years||Month||FYM/Plant||Urea + SSP/Plant|
|1st||June, July, Aug||8 Kg||50 grams|
|2nd||June, July, Aug||10 Kg||80 grams|
|3rd||June, July, Aug||15 Kg||150 grams|
|4th Onwards||June, July, Aug||15 Kg||200 grams|
Poplar Tree Growth Rate
|Age (Years)||Target (In Inches)|
|Ist Year||8 – 12|
|2nd Year||12 – 16|
|3rd Year||16 – 22|
|4th Year||22 – 28|
|5th Year||28 – 32|
|6th Year||32 – 36|
|7th Year||36 – 42|
|8th Year||42 – 48|
Poplar Tree Farming Irrigation System
|Year||summer season||winter season|
Weed Control For Poplar Tree
If you do not control the extra weed from the field then they affect the poplar tree growth. You can apply the Herbicides on the land for control the extra weed around the poplar tree. You should must control the weed during the 1 to 2 years after planting. After the poplar tree well grown you not need to control the weed because it is automatically controlled by the shade of the trees.
Various Insects Of Poplar Tree Farming
The following are some common insects that are found in poplar tree farming.
- Leaf-feeding Caterpillarsal
- Leaf Beetles
- Cottony Cushion Scales
- Poplar Petiolegall Aphid
- Poplar-and-Willow Borer
Different Diseases in Poplar Tree Farming
The following are some common diseases that are found in poplar tree farming.
- Slime Flux
Reaping Of Poplar Tree Farming
After 5 to 7 years poplar tree grows well and it is ready for the pruning. The polar tree pruning is done by the cutting. You can use the saw for cutting the poplar tree. In latest technology there are many tree cutting instruments are available. Poplar tree pruning only done in winter seasons. After pruning immediately apply the Bordeaux paste on land.
Poplar Tree Varieties And Production In India
Varieties of Poplar Trees In India
The following different varieties of poplar trees are best for the clay loamy soils.
- S-7 C-15
Poplar Tree Farming In India
- Western Uttar Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Arunachal Pradesh
- West Bengal
Types Of Poplar Trees
Hybrid Poplar Tree
Hybrid poplars tree have an oval shape. You can plant this hybrid poplar tree where ever you need shade immediately. The hybrid tree height is 40-50 ft and this tree grows 8 ft in a single year.
Tulip poplar Tree
The Tulip Poplar tree is also known as surprise tree. This tulip poplar tree is of Small Stature. It is the Great for Small Yards and it has a Beautiful Flowers.
Lombardy poplar Tree
The Lombard poplar tree grows up to 6 ft in single years. This Lombardy poplar is very easy to grow. The Lombard poplar is not a evergreens tree but it continuously provides the wind blockage and privacy.
Poplar Tree Plantation Profits And Market Price
You can get the approximately 3600 to 4000 rupees per tree when poplar tree has 34 to 36 inches in girth, a height of a tree is 5 feet or 1.6 meters from ground level and 80 feet in height.
Read some Helpful Articles Also :
- Goat Farming Business Plan ,Profit and Guide
- Aloe Vera Farming Business Plan ,Profit and Guide
- Vermicompost Project, Process and Preparation Guide
- Terrace (Step) farming Inca; Advantages and Disadvantages
- Mushroom Farming Commercial Business, Cultivation ,Procedure
- Sheep Farming Business Plan
- Quail Farming For Egg & Meat Production for Beginners
- Rabbit Farming Guide
- Sunflower Farming
- Profitable Pearl (Moti) Farming Guide
- Honey Bee Farming Business Guide
- Pomegranate Farming Cultivation Information Guide
- Kiwi Fruit Farming Information, Guide
- Sandalwood [Chandan] Tree Cultivation Business Plan
- Dairy Farming Business Plan Guide & Information
The market value of the poplar tree mostly depends on the girth (diameter) of the tree.
If poplar tree cultivation is done on 1-acre land so there are 225 plants and you will get about 1000 to 1250 quintals which give you approximately about 5.25 to 6 lacs.
|Girth (inches)||Weight ( Qtl )||Rate / Qtl||Value(Rs)|
|18 – 24||1.5||750||925|
|10 – 18||1.5||550||725|
In the local market, these poplar trees are very demanded. So, you can get the good returns from this polar tree cultivation. This all information that is required for any farmer or investor to grow the poplar tree.
I hope I have covered the all informative details for the poplar tree farming. If you like this information then please gives your review in the comment box