- 1 Commercial Rose Farming Business, process, profit and cultivation
- 1.1 Climate Required For Growing Roses
- 1.2 Best Soil Required For Rose Farming Business
- 1.3 Land Preparation And Planting For Rose Farming Business
- 1.4 Homemade Fertilizer For Rose Plants In Rose Farming Business
- 1.5 Best Irrigation System For Rose Farming
- 1.6 Diseases And Pests In Rose Farming
- 1.7 Harvesting Of Rose Flowers
- 2 What is the use of Rose?
- 3 Rose Names In Different Languages
- 4 Different Varieties Of Roses With Names
- 6 Health Benefits Of Rose Flower For Human
- 7 Rose Flower Yield
Commercial Rose Farming Business, process, profit and cultivation
If you are planning for start to flower farming then Rose Farming Business is the profitable business for farmers. Here in this article, you will see the step by step information for Rose Farming Business in India. Rose is the king of all flowers and it is a very pretty flower which is grown in all around the world. Rose flower is praise for its beautiful look and aroma.
The scientific name of the rose is “Rosa” and it belongs from the “Rosaceae” family. Rose flowers and Rose oil are very demanded in the local market as well as in the global market. It places the first position in the international market.
Generally, rose plants are six ft high from the land. The Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and West Bengal are the most rose farming project state in India. The successful commercial rose farming process mostly depends on the varieties of rose flower. In latest technology, there are many rose planting methods are available but the rose cultivation in greenhouse method is very famous and convenient for rose plants.
- In pots
- On the terrace
- Open fields
- Green house
- Poly house
Climate Required For Growing Roses
Roses are grown well in tropical and subtropical weather condition in the worldwide. The perfect temperature conditions for rose farming techniques in between 15 °C to 28 °C. Rose plants at list require 5 to 6 hours the sunlight during the growth phase and flowering period. Generally, the sunshine requires in moisture weather condition area or in a cloudy situation. Roses also grow well at below 15°C temperature.
Read some Helpful Articles Also :
- Goat Farming Business Plan ,Profit and Guide
- Aloe Vera Farming Business Plan ,Profit and Guide
- Vermicompost Project, Process and Preparation Guide
- Terrace (Step) farming Inca; Advantages and Disadvantages
- Mushroom Farming Commercial Business, Cultivation ,Procedure
- Sheep Farming Business Plan
- Quail Farming For Egg & Meat Production for Beginners
- Rabbit Farming Guide
- Sunflower Farming
- Profitable Pearl (Moti) Farming Guide
- Honey Bee Farming Business Guide
- Pomegranate Farming Cultivation Information Guide
- Kiwi Fruit Farming Information, Guide
- Sandalwood [Chandan] Tree Cultivation Business Plan
- Dairy Farming Business Plan Guide & Information
Best Soil Required For Rose Farming Business
For profitable rose farming business, you can require the soil PH in between 6 to 7.5 it is the best PH for getting the high yield. Rose plants are growing well in sandy loam soils with high organic matter and also have a high content of oxygen. If you have a 30cm long soil then you must be required approximately 30% of organic matter.
Land Preparation And Planting For Rose Farming Business
Rose flowers are generally cultivated by using the seeds, budding and cuttings but most of the farmers are planting rose flower by using seeds. In rose farming business, first of all, plow the soil for making it weed free and tilth soil. You can be sowing the rose seed in the nursery beds or pits before 4 to 6 weeks of planting the plants in the main field. Also, create the 60 to 90 cm deep and 60 to 90 cm across pits or beds for sowing rose seeds. After that fill the beds or pits by using some soil and decomposed farm yard manure (FMY) and provide irrigation.
In between November to January farmers sowing the rose seeds in nursery beds and before monsoon rose plants are ready for planting in the main field. When the rose plants come from the nursery immediately planting them in the main field. At evening time or after the afternoon it’s considered as the best time for Planting the rose plant.
If you are planting the rose plant in the one-acre land then must keep the line to line distance 5ft and plant to plant distance 5 ft. You can approximately be planting the 4000 rose plant in a one-acre land. Time in between September to October is the optimum season for planting the rose plant in the farm. Rose plants require pruning one time in a year that is done in November, December, and January.
Homemade Fertilizer For Rose Plants In Rose Farming Business
When you preparing land for the rose farming project then mostly use the organic matter don’t use the chemical fertilizer. If you are using the chemical for rose farming process then you can not get the good quality in rose water or oil. By using the organic fertilizer you will get the high-quality based rose flower.
You can make the organic fertilizer by using the cow urine, tobacco, Datura(Angel’s trumpets). First of all Mixing well this three material and buried in the land for one month. After a one month, you will get the ready pesticide and you can apply on the rose plant. You can only use this organic fertilizer 1 kg or l litter in one-acre land.
If you want to use the chemical fertilizer then apply the 8 grams nitrogen, 8 grams Phosphorus, and 16 grams Potassium per plant. After the pruning, in three-months interval apply the 10 kg decomposed farm yard manure (FYM) and above chemical fertilizer to rose plants.
Best Irrigation System For Rose Farming
There are many irrigation systems are available in latest technology like drip irrigation, sprinkler irrigation, micro jet, and basin irrigation but rose flower plant requires less water compared to other flower farming. So, the drip irrigation and sprinkler irrigation systems are suitable for the rose farming business.
After transplanting the rose plant in the main field irrigation is required immediately. In starting, days rose plants require irrigation daily or one time in two days. After some day it requires irrigation one time in a week.
Diseases And Pests In Rose Farming
Most Common Rose Insect Pests
- Two-spotted mite
- Rose Slugs (Rose Sawflies)
- Curculio beetles
- Japanese beetles
- Scale insects
- Leaf Cutting Bee
- Rose chafer
- Metallic flea-beetles
Diseases Of Rose Plant
- Crown gall rot
- Black Spot
- Powdery Mildew
- Downy mildew
- Grey mould
- Verticillium wilt
- Sooty moulds
- Nematodes, parasitic
- Rose mosaic
- Rose wilt
- Rose rosette disease
Harvesting Of Rose Flowers
Rose flowers are ready for harvesting from the main field when the flower get the bright color petals.In the first year, rose plants are prepared for the flowering and in the second year you will get a good yield from this rose flowers. Rose plants obtain the flowering in March after the 45 to 50 days of pruning. Generally, rose flowers can stay 40 days on the plant. The rose flowers mostly picked by hands at early morning.
After the harvesting rose flowers are immediately put in the water bucket then it’s transferred into the cold storage. Rose flowers require 2 to 5°C temperature in cold storage.
What is the use of Rose?
Depending on the Roses varieties and species rose flowers and its petals are used in various things.
- Rose water
- Rose oil
- Floral arrangements
- Presentation of gifts or Decoration of gifts
- Ornamental use
- Use in medicinal
- Culinary purposes
- Use for expressing feelings
- Used for making perfumes and scented products
Rose Names In Different Languages
- Gulab (Urdu, Hindi)
- 장미과의 식물
- Changmi (Korean)
- 玫瑰 (Chinese)
- Rosa (Sinhalese, Sri Lanka)
- ดอกกุหลาบ (Thai)
- Hoa hồng (Vietnamese)
- Rosa (Filipino)
- गुलफ (Nepali)
- Roos (Dutch)
- Pоза (Russin)
- warda (Arabic)
- Muikuix (Taiwanese)
- Roja puvvu (Telugu)
- Roja (Tamil)
- Gulābi (Konkani)
- গোলাপ (Bengali)
- Gulab (Gujarati)
- Glaba (Oriya)
- ਗੁਲਾਬ (Punjabi)
- গুলাব (Manipuri)
- Gulab (Marathi)
- Gulabi (Kannada)
- Penimirpushpam (Malayalam)
Different Varieties Of Roses With Names
There are various type of roses varieties are available in worldwide which has a different color like red, pink, white, yellow, maroon, orange. This are the commercial varieties of roses which have a good demand in the national and international flower market throughout the year.
- Old roses: Lady Banks, Rose de Rescht, Green Rose, Yolande d’Aragon, Francis Dubreuil, Baronne Prevost.
- Modern/hybrid: Floribunda, Grandiflora, Hybrid tea rose, Fragrant Plum, Gold Metal, Amber Queen, Iceberg.
- Wild/species roses: Rugosa rose, Multiflora rose.
- Miniature rose: Kristin, Rise n’ shine, Magic Carrousel, Child’s Play, Baby boomer.
- Climbing roses: Mme. Alfred Carriere Climbing Rose, Zepherine Drouhin Climbing Rose, Sombreuil Climbing Rose, Renae Climbing Rose, New Dawn Climbing Rose.
- Shrub roses: Ballerina, Mister Lincoln, Peace.
- Tree/standard roses
Health Benefits Of Rose Flower For Human
- The rose flower petals are used for the weight loss.
- It also works as natural aphrodisiac.
- Different rose flower petals are relieve stress and depression.
- The rose flower petals help to combat symptoms of piles.
- The rose flower petals are a well-known astringent.
- The rose water can be used to treat acne naturally.
- Rose water makes your skin young and healthy.
- It is beneficial for skin and its troubles.
- Rose water and rose tea good for women.
- Rose makes the immune system stronger.
- Cures sore throat.
- Improves digestive powers.
- Rose water is the cure for constipation and diarrhea.
- Maintains urinary tract health.
- Natural stress buster.
Rose Flower Yield
In rose farming yield of rose flowers mainly depends on the climate, field management, irrigation, variety and quality of seeds, and fertilizers. If you have a proper land and good farm management then you can get the 10 lakh flowers/ha/year.
In the national and inter national market, rose flowers are very demanded. So, you can get the good returns from the Rose Farming Business. This all information that is required for any farmer or investor to grow a commercial rose flower.
I hope I have covered the all informative details for the rose farming process. If you like this information then please gives your review in the comment box and share this information with you other investor/ farmers friends.
1) Aloe Vera Farming: Click Here
2) Banana Farming: Click Here
3) Pumpkin Farming: Click Here