- 1 Tuna Fish Farming Process, Profit and Guide 2018
- 2 Tuna Fish | Benefits
- 3 How to Start a New Tuna Farm
- 4 How Do You Harvest Fishes?
- 5 Final Words
Tuna Fish Farming Process, Profit and Guide 2018
In this article, I Provide you some information about Tuna Fish Farming and also some related information, such as
- tuna farming companies,
- tuna farming wiki,
- tuna farming documentary,
- how are farmed tuna harvested,
- bluefin tuna,
- tuna ranching,
- bluefin tuna price,
- salmon farming
Nowadays, the business of rearing fish for meat is being increased more and more because of too much profit is there in the fish farming with less capital input and minimum care and management. Fish farming or rearing fish for meat is not a hard working job, but it requires care to be taken in some critical task such as selecting a high yielding variety of fish. For Commercial fish farming, tuna is one of the important species of fish, which has great market potential in the international market. There are many advantages of rearing tuna fish for meat rather than rearing any other breed of fish.
Commercially, tuna farming or tuna fish farming is mainly done for producing delicious and tasty meat and is being eaten as a replacement for red meat, which has excellent health benefits. And, there is the specific economical importance of tuna fish meat in the international market.
About Tuna Fish
Tuna Fish, a saltwater fish one of the important fish breed that is used for commercial fish farming. Basically, this fish belongs to the Thunnini tribe, one of the subgroups of the family, mackerel family (Scombridae). Basically, this tribe of fish consists of about more than 15 species of fish which have a greater size than the other fishes throughout the world. Especially, the bullet tuna smallest of the species weighing up to 2 kg and Atlantic bluefin tuna; weight up to 700 kg is largest of the remaining species of the tuna fish and is able to live for about more than 40 years.
Among all the fishes, mackerel sharks and tuna fish are only kinds of fish that are able to manage their body temp. to a little bit higher than the surrounding water. Tuna fish has sleeky, streamlined body, which is also listed in the table of fastest swimming fishes, and especially the yellowfin tuna.
Nowadays, the stock of tuna fishes is being decreased frequently because of extensively tuna fishing commercially. Tuna fish has great market potential in the international market, especially the bluefin tuna. So, let’s learn Tuna Farming or rearing tuna fish for meat in the following article…
Tuna Fish | Benefits
Tuna fish meat is supposed to be an ideal replacement for the red meat and has plenty of health benefits of eating tuna fish meat.
The following is the list of some health benefits of eating tuna fish meat, let’s learn the list…
- Tuna fish contains omega-3 fatty acids, which is beneficial in reducing omega-6 fatty acids content and cholesterol level. So, are excellent for heart health.
- Eating tuna fish meat is also beneficial for good blood regulation.
- It is also found to be beneficial for weight loss and also relieve obesity problem.
- The Vitamin B, vitamin C, manganese, and Zinc content of meat is helpful in boosting the immune system and to increase energy level.
- It is also helpful in preventing few kinds of cancer such as breast cancer, colon cancer, etc.
- The sodium and potassium content of meat is also helpful in preventing us from many kidney diseases such as arthritis, gout, etc.
- Consuming tuna’s meat is also considered as the best home remedy for depression and stress problem.
- They are also found to be beneficial in giving relief from inflammation problem.
- It is also helpful for good circulation of blood in the body.
Check here Also More articles:
- Goat Farming Business Plan ,Profit and Guide
- Aloe Vera Farming Business Plan ,Profit and Guide
- Vermicompost Project, Process and Preparation Guide
- Terrace (Step) farming Inca; Advantages and Disadvantages
- Mushroom Farming Commercial Business, Cultivation ,Procedure
- Sheep Farming Business Plan
- Quail Farming For Egg & Meat Production for Beginners
- Rabbit Farming Guide
- Sunflower Farming
- Profitable Pearl (Moti) Farming Guide
- Honey Bee Farming Business Guide
- Pomegranate Farming Cultivation Information Guide
- Kiwi Fruit Farming Information, Guide
- Sandalwood [Chandan] Tree Cultivation Business Plan
- Dairy Farming Business Plan Guide & Information
Because of such health benefits of eating tuna fish meat, the tuna meat has great market potential in the international market and is all time in demand of fish eaters…
How to Start a New Tuna Farm
Tuna farming or Rearing tuna for meat is not a hard working job but it requires some care to be taken in some critical stages. So, let us learn how to rear or raised tuna fish commercially as the business plan.
Selecting a Suitable Farm Location for Tuna Farming
Tuna fish farming can be done in every corner of the world, but rearing tuna at a good and proper market point is always beneficial in earning more profit. For selecting a farm location, make sure of good transportation. There is also need of good market potential in the local market because it is beneficial to sell in local than exporting it to the international market.
Also, there is also need for good availability of salt water because are saltwater fish and are not able to survive in fresh water. Also, make sure of a good stock of food for feeding these large sizes fishes. However, it is the best idea to reared them at the bank of the sea or an ocean since, in this, there is also less requirement of feeding fish in less amount.
Preparing a Fish Pond With Design and Construction in Tuna Farming
After selecting appropriate land for tuna farming, construct a good pond for the fishes for raising them. If reared openly, then as we know that these large fish are also very excellent in fishing and may eat the young ones also. There are also some chances of getting out from the region, used for fish farming.
A comfortable pond is required so that they can grow happily and healthily for better meat production. Many growers also used to construct a pond with the help of heavy fishnet in the ocean or sea only to raise fishes. Since requiring less initial input as an investment. Depending on the scale of initial input, the size of the pond for commercial tuna farming varies from person to person.
Note: One with lower input can increase tuna farming business plan in following years after getting success and some practical knowledge of fish farming or fish culture as a business.
Fish Feeding Management in Tuna Farming
Fish Feeding and feeding management in commercial tuna farming play an important role in the production. For optimum fish production, there is need of feeding fishes with a fresh, high quality and nutritious food so that they grow with their optimum growth rate. Presently, such foods for tuna fishes are easily available in the market. To minimize the initial input, one can also prepare such food at home only.
For preparing nutritious food for tuna fish, make sure to add all the essential minerals, vitamins, salts, etc. High-quality fish food increases the fish production and also make the fish healthy. Also, feed them multiples times throughout the day.
Take care of following points in fish feeding management in tuna fish farming
- Make sure to change the pond water occasionally for the better growth of fishes.
- Regularly check out the PH of water and soil. The PH value of pond water should be in from 7 to 8 for the excellent growth rate of fishes.
- Make sure of any diseases should not enter into the pond. The presence of any diseases in the pond directly lower down the production.
- Keep pond safe by keeping away all types of natural predators such as snakes, frogs, etc.
- There is also need of fresh and clean environment for the optimum fish production.
How Do You Harvest Fishes?
In a very short time period, tuna fishes reach their market age. The growth rate of fishes depends on the food and environment provided to the fish. So, always feed with fresh & nutritious, high-quality food in sufficient amount in a clean and fresh pond environment.
Depending on the market, decide how much fish is to be harvest from the pond. There are two popular ways or method for harvesting fish in commercially tuna farming.
- Harvesting with the help of fishnet
- By removing the pond water
Normally, harvesting fishes in the morning and afternoon are considered as the best time for harvesting fishes.
After harvesting, send off the collected fishes to the nearby local market for marketing.
There is no need of worrying about the marketing of the harvested or collected tuna from the pond. Because Tuna fishes have great market potential in the international market, especially in the Japan, Tokyo, San Diego, etc throughout the world. And the tuna market price varies from region to region.
Hope that this is enough for tuna farming or tuna fish farming. However, kindly inform us if you feel any kind of discomfort while going through this article by commenting below in the comment box.
But, tuna fish farming is really fun providing a business plan. Have a Grand Success in Tuna fish farming…