- 1 What are the different types of agricultural services?
- 2 What is agricultural services?
- 3 What is agricultural operations?
- 4 What is agricultural definition?
- 5 What are the agriculture services?
- 6 Why is agricultural services important?
- 7 What types of services does the agricultural business provide?
- 8 What is an example of agricultural?
- 9 What is the role of the service providers in the agriculture markets?
- 10 What are the types of agriculture?
- 11 What is a agriculture business?
- 12 What are agricultural products?
- 13 What is agricultural supply?
- 14 What are agricultural activities?
- 15 What is the full meaning of agriculture?
- 16 What are 3 agricultural industries?
- 17 What is agriculture?
- 18 What is agriculture in biology?
- 19 What is the purpose of the plant?
- 20 What is the science and practice of producing plants, other crops, and animals for food, other human needs, or economic
- 21 What is agricultural enterprise?
- 22 What is the deliberate effort to modify a portion of Earth’s surface through the cultivation of crops and the raising of
- 23 Is agriculture a business?
- 24 Which countries have strong agricultural extension services?
- 25 How many sources of agricultural extension are there?
- 26 What are the components of a farm?
- 27 What is agriculture used for?
- 28 What is the science of agriculture?
- 29 What tools did people use to make food?
- 30 What is the science of growing plants in nutrient solutions?
- 31 What countries used old agriculture?
- 32 What did the Islamic Golden Age do to agriculture?
- 33 Where did agriculture originate?
- 34 Why is agriculture important?
- 35 What are the factors that affect agriculture?
- 36 Which countries are heavily reliant on the services sector?
- 37 Which countries have the highest agricultural output?
- 38 Is the global economy moving towards a more services oriented structure?
- 39 Assess
- 40 Predict
- 41 Review of Other Definitions of Agriculture
- 42 Summation of The Meaning and Concept of Agriculture
- 43 Big Revamp on What Is Agriculture
- 44 What Is Agriculturalextension?
- 45 Who Provides Agricultural Extension Services?
- 46 Agricultural Extension in The Developing World
- 47 New Approaches to Agricultural Extension
- 48 Learn More
Agricultural and farming services provide information, consulting, equipment, and supplies to the agricultural industry. Examples include government agricultural extensions, crop brokers and shippers, meat packers, produce distributors and wholesalers, and veterinarians.
What are the different types of agricultural services?
Agricultural Extension Services. Providing agricultural extension services to famers is costly and challenging because of several reasons: farmers are geographically dispersed in difficult-to-reach places (Nakasone and Torero, 2016); some of their information requirements are highly localized (Binswanger and Rosenzweig, 1986); and large-scale extension provision faces several …
What is agricultural services?
Agricultural Services. Provides analytical and diagnostic testing of soil, feed and forage, plant tissue, irrigation water, animal waste, and compost. Transfers science-based information to individuals, groups and communities, and helps them apply that information to …
What is agricultural operations?
· Agricultural services. For Value-Added Tax (VAT) purposes, a farmer is someone whose supplies consist of agricultural produce or agricultural services or a mixture of both, with certain exceptions. Depending on the nature of your farming business, you may have to register for VAT. A farmer who supplies agricultural services (in addition to carrying on a farming …
What is agricultural definition?
· Agriculture is the art and science of cultivating the soil, growing crops and raising livestock. It includes the preparation of plant and animal products for people to use and their …
What are the agriculture services?
agricultural services means the use of land, structures or buildings for the purposes of buying and selling commodities and services that are necessary to support agricultural operations but does not include any manufacturing, assembling, processing, warehousing or construction use.
Why is agricultural services important?
Agricultural services play an important role in helping farmers to make the most of the resources they have. Apart from the physical resources such as land and seeds, farmers need knowledge in order to produce the quality and quantity of produce that meets demand.
What types of services does the agricultural business provide?
Agribusiness is the industry involved in producing farming operations, including the manufacturing and storing of farm equipment and the developing, storing and distributing of crops. It includes economic activities from farm products, including the marketing and distribution of farming equipment.
What is an example of agricultural?
Agricultural production includes these activities: Agriculture: cultivating soil; planting; raising, and harvesting crops; rearing, feeding, and managing animals. Aquaculture: raising private aquatic animals (fish) Floriculture: growing flowering plants.
What is the role of the service providers in the agriculture markets?
Agricultural service providers showed highly significant impact on farmers’ productivity and the farmers not availing rental implement services faced high yield gap. However the farmers providing these rental services showed positive impact on their livelihood and income.
What are the types of agriculture?
Top 12 Types of AgricultureSubsistence Farming:Intensive Subsistence Farming (with or without Rice as a dominant crop):Mediterranean Farming:Commercial Grain Agriculture:Arable Farming:Shifting Cultivation:Nomadic Herding:Rudimentary Sedentary Tillage:More items…•
What is a agriculture business?
Agribusiness is a way of describing companies and enterprises that are related to cultivating and processing food and other agricultural products. 1 Agribusiness also is used to describe businesses that are involved in the marketing and distribution of farm products.
What are agricultural products?
(1) Agricultural product The term “agricultural product” means any agricultural commodity or product, whether raw or processed, including any commodity or product derived from livestock that is marketed in the United States for human or livestock consumption.
What is agricultural supply?
(4) Definition of agricultural supply . — In this subsection, the term “agricultural supply” includes— (A) a farm supply; and (B) (i) agriculture-related processing equipment; (ii) agriculture-related machinery; and (iii) other capital goods related to the storage or handling of agricultural commodities or products.
What are agricultural activities?
(1) “Agricultural activity” means a condition or activity which occurs on a farm in connection with the commercial production of farm products and includes, but is not limited to, marketed produce at roadside stands or farm markets; noise; odors; dust; fumes; operation of machinery and irrigation pumps; movement, …
What is the full meaning of agriculture?
Definition of agriculture : the science, art, or practice of cultivating the soil, producing crops, and raising livestock and in varying degrees the preparation and marketing of the resulting products cleared the land to use it for agriculture.
What are 3 agricultural industries?
About the Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting sector The establishments in this sector are often described as farms, ranches, dairies, greenhouses, nurseries, orchards, or hatcheries.
What is agriculture?
1. Agriculture is an enterprise or business, activity, or practice. It is synonymous with farming.
What is agriculture in biology?
2. Agriculture is the growth of both plants and animals for human needs (Abellanosa, A.L. and H.M. Pava. 1987. Introduction to Crop Science. Central Mindanao University, Musuan, Bukidnon: Publications Office. p. 238).
What is the purpose of the plant?
It has two main divisions: plant or crop production and animal or livestock production; and its ultimate purpose is for food production, other human needs such as clothing, medicines, tools, artistic display, dwelling, and feed for animals, or for economic gain or profit.
What is the science and practice of producing plants, other crops, and animals for food, other human needs, or economic
Agriculture is the science and practice of producing plants, other crops, and animals for food, other human needs, or economic gain.
What is agricultural enterprise?
Agriculture, Agricultural Enterprise or Agricultural Activity means the cultivation of the soil, planting of crops, growing of fruit trees, including the harvesting of such farm products, and other farm activities and practices performed by a farmer in conjunction with such farming operations done by persons whether natural or juridical. (Sec. 3b, Chapter I, Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Law of 1988 (R.A. No. 6657 as amended by R. A. 7881), Philippines. Retrieved September 2, 2010, from http://www.chanrobles.com/legal4agrarianlaw.htm.
What is the deliberate effort to modify a portion of Earth’s surface through the cultivation of crops and the raising of
3. Agriculture is the deliberate effort to modify a portion of Earth’s surface through the cultivation of crops and the raising of livestock for sustenance or economic gain. (Rubenstein, J.M. 2003. The Cultural Landscape: An Introduction to Human Geography. 7th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc. p. 496).
Is agriculture a business?
There can be no exact definition for everyone. Photo of a portion of a large pineapple plantation shows that agriculture is a business too
Which countries have strong agricultural extension services?
Many countries with advanced agricultural sectors, such as the United States, Canada, Australia, and Denmark, enjoy strong extension services. In the developing world, however, agricultural extension has not always met farmers’ needs.
How many sources of agricultural extension are there?
There are three main sources of agricultural extension.
What are the components of a farm?
This has two important components: 1 dissemination of practical information, including on improved seeds, soil quality, tools, water management, crop protection, agricultural practices and livestock, and 2 application of this knowledge on the farm.
What is agriculture used for?
Agriculture also provides wood for construction and paper products. These products, as well as the agricultural methods used, may vary from one part of the world to another. Start of Agriculture. Over centuries, the growth of agriculture contributed to the rise of civilizations.
What is the science of agriculture?
Agriculture is the art and science of cultivating the soil, growing crops and raising livestock. It includes the preparation of plant and animal products for people to use and their distribution to markets. Agriculture provides most of the world’s food and fabrics. Cotton, wool, and leather are all agricultural products.
What tools did people use to make food?
Over time, improved farming tools of bone, stone, bronze, and iron were developed. New methods of storage evolved. People began stockpiling foods in jars and clay-lined pits for use in times of scarcity. They also began making clay pots and other vessels for carrying and cooking food.
What is the science of growing plants in nutrient solutions?
Agriculture includes such forms of cultivation as hydroponics and aquaculture. Both involve farming in water. Hydroponics is the science of growing plants in nutrient solutions. Just one acre of nutrient solution can yield more than 50 times the amount of lettuce grown on the same amount of soil.
What countries used old agriculture?
Farmers in Asia, Australia, Africa, and South America continued to use old ways of agriculture. Agricultural Science. In the early 1900s, an average farmer in the U.S. produced enough food to feed a family of five. Many of today’s farmers can feed that family and a hundred other people.
What did the Islamic Golden Age do to agriculture?
This system preserved nutrients in the soil, increasing crop production. The leaders of the Islamic Golden Age (which reached its height around 1000) in North Africa and the Middle East made agriculture into a science. Islamic Golden Age farmers learned crop rotation.
Where did agriculture originate?
The earliest civilizations based on intensive agriculture arose near the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers in Mesopotamia (now Iraq and Iran) and along the Nile River in Egypt. Improved Technology. For thousands of years, agricultural development was very slow. One of the earliest agricultural tools was fire.
Why is agriculture important?
World’s Agriculture base serves the need for the global population. As the population has ballooned, the need for more food puts more pressure on the current agriculture resources. While technological advancement has helped increase global agriculture production , the demand is still outstripping supply.
What are the factors that affect agriculture?
Talking about the Agriculture sector — apart from technology, factors like climate, arable land, technological access & availability of human labor affect the production in this sector. Although the share of Agriculture’s share of the World’s total GDP has dwindled significantly in the past half a century, its importance can’t be denied.
Which countries are heavily reliant on the services sector?
Europe — Like many other developed countries, European nations are heavily reliant on the services sector as well. In most cases, the services sector employment exceeds 50% of each country’s population with a few over 40%. Countries like the United Kingdom have more than 80% of their population working in services.
Which countries have the highest agricultural output?
Asia & Oceania — Countries in South & Southeast Asia have the highest production and employment while Middle Eastern countries like Oman & Yemen have the lowest agricultural output. While more than half of the population in Nepal & Myanmar is employed in the agriculture sector. Countries like Papua New Guinea and Timor-Leste in Oceania employ more than half of their workers in agriculture.
Is the global economy moving towards a more services oriented structure?
The above data demonstrates that the global economy is moving towards a more services-oriented structure . Industry & Agriculture, nevertheless, continue to play an important role in the development of many countries as well.
A new way to value any rural property. Any customer. Understand patterns and trends. Assess productivity. Exploit opportunities. Identify superior investments. Discover untapped opportunities. Enhance profitability.
Make rural-asset specific forecasts. Factor in climate. Identify promising properties. Farmers. Invest and forecast with unprecedented accuracy. Pinpoint risk. Drive growth. Unlock value.
Review of Other Definitions of Agriculture
Summation of The Meaning and Concept of Agriculture
The first 3 are scientific and practical definitions while numbered 4 to 8 are legal definitions and meaning of agriculture. These last 5 give more details on what is agriculture by enumerating the activities covered by the enterprise or practice. That contending parties have found the necessity to elevate to the Courtcontroversies in relation to what is agriculture only underscores the uncert…
Big Revamp on What Is Agriculture
This page may be one, if not the most, important content of this site. After all, this site is about agriculture or farming. This page is the very foundation of this site. It has to stand erect, robust, and strong to be able to carry the heavy load of content that it carries. It has to withstand the ravages of time and remain unblemished for eternity. It ought to remain alive and proud even wit…
What Is Agriculturalextension?
Who Provides Agricultural Extension Services?
There are three main sources of agricultural extension. 1. The public sector Ministries and departments of agriculture, and agricultural research centres. 1. The private non-profit sector Local and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), foundations, community boards andassociations; bilateral and multilateral aid projects, and other non-commercial associations. …
Agricultural Extension in The Developing World
Many countries with advanced agricultural sectors, such as the United States, Canada, Australia, andDenmark, enjoy strong extension services. In the developing world, however, agricultural extension has not always met farmers’ needs. The World Bank-devised ‘training and visit’ system played an important role in India’s Green Revolution from the late 1970sbut also failed in some i…
New Approaches to Agricultural Extension
Addressing new and growing challenges in agricultural markets, technology and sustainability demandnew thinking. Extensionnow needs to focus on 1. Participatory approaches to shape demand-driven services 2. Multiple providers of extension services, and 3. Strategies to develop agricultural innovation systems The public sector has been the traditional source of research an…
Find out more about our work in extension and other agriservices. Yuan Zhou is our Foundation’s Head of Research & Policy Analysis. She is also co-editor of “Knowledge Driven Development; Private Extension and Global Lessons”. Here is a synopsis. Together with Suresh Babu of IFPRI, Yuan and the many other contributors draw on real-life examples. These illustrate the role and c…